Finally, You have decided to start your blogging journey and contribute to the online blogging community. But you have no idea, How to get started and what kind of resources are required to start a blog.
Let me tell you I was in the same situation when I was starting my blog. I was looking for information in each possible way on the internet. Later on, I realized that information on the internet is incomplete about starting a blog.
Today, in this article, I will teach you about starting a high authority blog within 30 minutes. Also, I will breakdown each process in simple steps. So, In the future, you need not read any other article on the web.
This no-brainer guide is written in such a way that even your grandma can easily understand and start a blog.
Let’s get started.
My top 10 important steps to start a blog like a pro…
Learn to start an authority blog with these simple steps…
- Research your niche & competitors
- Buy a domain name (Easy and Memorable)
- Purchase hosting and make your website live
- Install WordPress and customize your blog
- Make Website SEO friendly and fix technical errors
- Claim Social Media Accounts and populate
- Write your first blog post
- Promote your blog and Build Community
- Analyze data and understand your audience
- Start Making Money from Your Blog
Sit relaxed and keep reading.
Step 1: Research your niche & competitors
Researching a niche is very critical for new bloggers because choosing the wrong niche will not help you in the long run. So keep reading this article and I will show you 3 simple steps to find your niche easily.
- Health and fitness
- Beauty and Fashion
- Make Money Online or Blogging
- Product Reviews
- Home Decor
- Personal Development
Step 2: Buy a domain name
Choosing a domain name is very critical for your business but don’t worry websites like GoDaddy and Namecheap will make everything easier for you.
Step 3: Purchase hosting and get your website live
Selecting a hosting provider is very critical now because it will play a major role in your website performance. Since Google has made a very clear statement that website speed is a ranking factor. So listing down some popular web host which is good in terms of performance and support.
- A2 Hosting
Step 4: Install WordPress and Design Your blog
Now you’ve made your website live on the webserver. Its time to install WordPress and customize your blog. Nowadays all Webhosting provider gives one-click install. If any chance your WordPress installation process is done. Then you can do it by following this process.
How to Install WordPress Manually?
- Download Latest Version of WordPress
- Upload WordPress Files on Your Hosting
- Create a MySQL User and Database
- Configure WordPress
- Start Your WordPress Installation
- Complete Your WordPress Installation
- WP Astra
- Elementor for Blog Designing
- Rank Math for SEO
- WP Schema for Structure Data
- WP Rocket for Speed and Caching
- Social Snap Pro for Social Sharing
- Thirsty Affiliates
- Thrive Comments
Step 5: Make Website SEO friendly and fix technical errors
Listing down a few elements that you can check to make your blog more SEO friendly.
- Secure and Accessible Website (Migrate to HTTPS)
- User-Friendly URL
- Website Speed
- Cross-Device Compatibility
- Create and Submit XML Sitemap
- Connect to Google Search Console
- Connect to Google Analytics
- Optimize Robots.txt
- Missing ALT Text
- Fix Broken Links
- Avoid Duplicate Content
- Proper Internal Linking
- Optimize your images
- Avoid Keyword stuffing
- Check for your orphan or thin pages
- HTML Sitemap
Also, While optimizing your blog for SEO make sure to have these pages on the website like.
- About us
- Contact Us
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Terms of Service
- FTC Disclosure
- Write for Us
Step 6: Claim Social Media Accounts and populate
Claiming your social media handles is very important for your blog. Because easy and memorable usernames will help the audience connect with you very easily.
Claim your brand social media handles before anyone takes it. Also, Common social media will help you establish a brand among your audience.
Check out the sample that how I registered clickbyt username on different social media platforms.
You can also check the availability of usernames on different platforms. KnowEm is the best tool for checking social media handles availability.
Step 7: Write your first blog post
Now you finished blog setup up and you are probably excited to write your first blog and share among your connections.
Tools for Keyword Research
Premium Keyword Research Tools
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer
Free Keyword Research Tools
Questions to ask yourself before writing or planning your blog post.
- Do your articles meet their core objectives?
- Is there a strategy behind your blog?
- Focus on Blog Topic
- Does your blog provide valuable content?
- Quality of Language & Grammer
- What problem does the article solve?
- Does it establish your website as the ‘authority.’
- Are you different or better than the competitions?
- Do you have killer headlines that ‘sell’ your blog and work as ‘ad copy’ to encourage people to click through to your website?
- Are your articles easy to skim through? Can people ‘target’ the information they want?
- Are you proud of your blog? Would you read it?
- Do people share or quote your content?
- Do people leave real comments on your blog posts or ask questions?
Step 8: Promote your blog and Build Community
- Email Marketing
- Blogging Community
- Social Media, Social Groups, Web Forums
- Guest Post
Step 10: Start Making Money from Your Blog
- Google Adsense
- Affiliate Marketing
- Sponsored Post
- Sell Digital Products
- Sell Ads on Your Blog
- Sell Online Marketing Services
I am Chandan Chaudhary. An aspiring Digital Marketer and Blogger. I am here to help you kickstart your blogging and online entrepreneurship journey. I blog about SEO, Blogging, Affiliate Marketing, Make Money Online, Online Tools Reviews, and Hosting.